Friday, June 23, 2006

Pan de Sal and all that Looove!

Sometimes, 80's love songs are the BEST. No. 80's love songs are ALWAYS the best! Spent the whole afternoon yesterday reading at east/west. (For you manila peeps, it's a cafe that's a block or  two away from my old grade school. And yes, I think, it was inspired by Salman Rushdie's book of stories [story book?]) And the background music to all the pretentious discourse on the body and sensus communis was exactly that: unrequited love, undying love, basta LOVE! GANDA! Allowed me to breeze through three chapters, two cups of coffee (no sleep later that night), and a guy on a bike selling pan de sal (biking biking biking! bilis niya!) 

New judgments on literature: 
1. I think the reason why people don't read poetry is because a lot of the poetry that's being written these days (and have been written in tihe past) is boring. 
2. Fatima-Lim in Crossing the Snow Bridge lies. She just lies. I felt I was lied to. 
3. Ok, so I'm guilty (re: #1) and am glad I finally realized (re:#2). So god, put me in a box, load me on a truck of watermelons, and sell me to the next cliche that walks by! Buy one take one na. Please. Para bilis.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home