Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Frances

So you have read it. Or (re) read it? The Hours. Or at least those paragraphs I had in mind when I said, you would find a reprieve of sorts.

Sort of. Funny and embarrassing when we think familiarity gives us comfort. Or a "similar case" is necesssarily what we want, when we want-- a break.

Funny that we don't give the same credit to strangeness. To the new day. To someone calling, whom we don't recognize. Whose voice is nothing like, nothing "similar to", what we have heard before.

To strangers.

To people we read, or write to, but have never met.

As if that didn't count.

Ever.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger FC said...

Why do strangers wave from trains? The first time it happened, I thought perhaps it was someone I was supposed to know.
+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Funny because right now I'm reading Douglas Coupland quoting Twelfth Night, the line "I was adored once too" (II.iv.181), and Douglas asks, "But how does that help _now_?"

I can't quite tell what the foolish Sir Andrew means, in that singular moment of sobriety. Or maybe it's not quite sobriety, maybe it's what drunk people bring up.

I moved (well, online, from one blog to another-- http://francescabahug.blogspot.com/).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home