Friday, June 30, 2006

From my horoscope today: 
Are you using humor to hide your pain and your fear? 

Fuck off. 

*

Cramming time: 
(1) off to Cebuano studies centre to look up books on Leon Kilat. Our history is rife with betrayals! It makes you want to laugh.
(2) Finish reading Mojares' "Society in Theatre". Excellent scholarship. To be a historian one must have (I realize) a fetish for detail. 
(3) Interview nic for hendry. Lord give me an angle (and grant me the poise to survive this interview without giving a fan-girl squeak)  
(4)  Go drinking. I swear this has been the most sober trip back home. 



In the end, who needs a brass band and a trail of weeping loves, when the road goes straight to that hole of flowers. 



History, I swear, is the biggest biggest joke. 

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

When written, history also can be 'fiction' aside from a big joke. From whose understanding is it written? From whose vantage point is it seen?

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger punchdrunkdaisy said...

Larry, I've been sober for too long. My alcohol levels are abnormally down and I'm a drinking sissy. You have to come back for my re-training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home