Thursday, December 28, 2006

new year, you're new

If thing's turn out as expected, it's going to be 1 am January 1, and the house is going to be pitch black with my whole family asleep. Darker especially since all the other houses will be throwing firecrackers into each other's faces, while turn our faces to the pillows.

New year's wish: that my parents get a dog so they can feel young again, my brother and his family successfuly transfer house at the new moon in spite of all the purported bad feng shui of the place, a new love to all old loves, something old for the newest wish in the house, someone will come into the sala and play the piano, someone calls and it's not the wrong number and I'm lucky to answer it, the christmas lights in the bushes turn into fruits, fruits turn into flowers instead of the other way around, a new language enters my tongue, and i mean a really new language, like french, hahaha, a car turns into a carousel of flowers (marriage? hahaha), more laughter in kitchen, meaning less of my mom in the kitchen, folded shirts flying free in the wind, growing wings, meaning me growing wings, becoming something else but with the same face, or better yet getting another face! hehe, dancing instead of singing, few words and loud music, no, few words and no music, conversation from the other side of the mind like the other end of the table, old electric fans put to rest, rooms getting cleaned, getting dirty, getting stripped bare clean, hours of joy, long hours of joy, drunk without wine, wine without drunkenness, truth without the honesty, hello my name's larry, let's play?

4 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger punchdrunkdaisy said...

Bonjour Larry! Je m'appelle Em.

I don't know how to say "let's play" in French. I'll tell you my favorite French sentence instead, the next time I see you.

---
Finally got a copy of Das Parfum. I hope the movie is as good as the book.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger dreyers said...

lar, the best way to learn a language is to kiss a native speaker! the better to wrap your tongue around those strange new sounds...hahaha.

i'm looking forward to the new year too. :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Jillaine Lanuza said...

Happy new year, Larry. Please don't get a new face. ;)

-jilly

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger veraLeigh said...

larry dear, pagkanindot tan-awon na you're featured sa 2007 Cebu Yearbook's list of 'people'

plus it's Sunstar's 25th year.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home