Thursday, October 27, 2005

Kabakaba ba ka?

I've been busy the past few days helping some friends put up "Kabakaba ba ka?" Cebu's first ever gay and lesbian art exhibit. The opening was last night in Kahayag and there was a poetry reading, where I read my first ever Cebuano poem! I loved it. Even made it "interactive", with audience participation. haha So much for art! When a crowd calls, I guess you give them what they want.

It was also the first poems I've ever written about gayness. I steered clear of the "erotic" : too many bathroom ever gotesco massage parlor gay poems going around so why add to that? Mine was set in the garden, with flowers of course, and biblical verses floating around. Makes me remember that a hidden wish of mine was to become a visionary.

Anyway, the night went well (my brother and sis-in-law came along, which was great! Didn't have the guts to invite my mom and dad,though. Although there was a table of doctors who I'm sure knew my dad, so patay ako.) , the photographs and paintings were great. It was all-in-all a good collaboration (my first) with the visual arts. I think I want to work with painters and artists some more!

Anyone? Anyone?

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger free migrant said...

sounds exciting, this project. i'm glad you guys thought of it.

maayo pa ka, nakabaksyon na, nakasulat pa! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home