Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year Everyone!

Here's how my holidays went:
Traditional christmas party on the 22nd with family friends.
Dinner at Tides on the 23rd. (Had plates and plates of tahong the size of fists, salmon as pink as.... ,)
A non-event Christmas eve, where the whole house was dark by 10 pm. (Yes. We are THAT kind of family.)
After dinner drinks at the house on the 26th with old college friends. (where I felt both so young and so old.)

The week after Christmas was spent meeting up with old friends. Trying to do some work so I wouldn't feel harrassed on the first week of classes (to no avail). And reading reading reading a biography of Ted Hughes.

A few days before the New year, I went to TOPS for the first time. Spent a great night with good friend Anna (best friend of mine these holidays). Did some ritual that surprisingly turned out really light ( I mean funny light, and yes, light light. As in Candles light. With background music light. And the lights of the whole cebu looking up at us.) the view was amazing. I had waited for it all my life. Literally. And it had to take a Manila girl to take me there.

New Year's day I spent cleaning my room. Found a red robe from when I was seven. Socks from when I was four. The first ruler that I ever ever used. I realized it has never been in my nature to throw things away.

I plan to change that this year.
And this makes me happy for now. Even if it's just a thought.
I don't miss 2005. ONe bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home